- Ruth Chang: How to make hard choices
- Achieving Rapid Response Times in Large Online Services – an old topic but a goody.
- TSAR, a TimeSeries AggregatoR
- 14 free (as in beer) data mining books
- Architecting a Machine Learning System for Risk
“Most people who’ve worked in machine learning will find this obvious, but it’s worth re-stressing:
If your ground truth is inaccurate, you’ve already set an upper limit to how good your precision and recall can be. If your ground truth is grossly inaccurate, that upper limit is pretty low.”
- Engineering a safer world